“I wish I could use this old phrase “OPEN SESAME”, the most famous magical phrase in ‘Ali Baba and the forty thieves story’ to open my PST file. The whole world is upgrading, I just upgraded my Microsoft Outlook 2010 version to 2013 version. There started actual problem, new version is not supporting my PST file, it displays ‘Cannot open Microsoft Outlook’ and am not able to open them up. Can anybody help me to find a solution for this issue? Please suggest me to get out of this pathetic situation.”
Have you ever faced such tragic strategies and seeking for assistance? Some of major causes for cannot open PST file error are due to Navigation pane setting file, Using compatibility mode, etc.
But most probably, we are keen to know why particularly Outlook 2013 is creating problem to open PST file? The reasons behind this is when .pst files are corrupted, enabling compatibility mode as mentioned earlier, using old Outlook profile even after up-gradation and many more.
When and where these errors can be viewed and faced? Simple, whenever you’re trying to open PST files or when accessing some PST email folder or when trying to send email etc. The errors that are generally displayed are-
“Cannot open your default email folder”
“Cannot start Microsoft Outlook”
“Cannot display .pst file”
Is it possible to fix these issues? Yes it is possible! The issue can either be solved by proper system settings or by a repair utility.
- System settings: The common setting issues can be overcome by following-
- Navigation Pane setting file can be scanned to repair if it is corrupted.
- Scanpst.exe, the default inbox repair tool can be utilized to fix issue.
- Disabling Compatibility mode because all latest Outlook versions starting from 2003- 2013 versions are compatible enough.
- Creating New Outlook profile
- Repair software: If there is nothing to do with settings, then issue can only be solved with a repair application. Yodot Outlook PST Repair helps in fixing issue. So, the best solution for Microsoft Outlook 2013 cannot open PST file is discovered. Just hold on and go through the article.
Wow! now its possible to open unsupported .pst files on Outlook 2013 with Yodot PST repair tool…
The user friendly feature of this application helps to mend damaged and broken PST as well as OST file. It scans corrupted PST file and repairs it by creating a healthy one without any alteration in content and attributes such as emails, contacts, tasks and many more of MS outlook. This application also helps to fix password protected .pst files that are confidential in a secure manner.
Quick actions that are to be performed to solve cannot open .pst file issue-
- Yodot Outlook PST Repair free trial version can be downloaded and installed on the system
- Run program to start scanning process
- Opt one among these three options based on your requirement – “Open PST File” or “Find PST File” or “Select Outlook Profile” options.
- Select .pst file of interest that to be fixed
- Choose destination location to save restored .pst file